Brand: Optimum Nutrition
- Casein not only supports muscle rebuilding, it may also help with weight management support by helping you feel fuller longer
- The Gold Standard for Slow-Digesting Protein, delivering 24 Grams of slowly digesting protein per serving that is best used between meals or before bed
- Each Serving of Gold Standard 100% Casein provides nearly 5 Grams of Naturally Occurring BCAAs and is an Excellent Source of Calcium
- Frequently purchased with Gold Standard 100% Whey, Platinum Hydrowhey, and Creatine
- 5 grams of naturally occurring glutamine and glutamic acid per scoop
Publisher: Optimum Nutrition
Details: Faster digesting protein is desirable immediately before and after exercise to help refuel recovering muscles, but slow digestion and absorption may be more beneficial at other times including bedtime when your body typically goes for hours without food. Casein products are acid sensitive and thicken in the stomach. Compared to some other proteins, it can take longer for our GOLD STANDARD 100% Casein to be broken down into its amino acid subcomponents. By using only premium micellar casein as a protein source, we've created a formula that sets the standard for slow digesting protein support.